Take a training that counts! If you’d like teach kids yoga there’s no better way than to attend the Summer Certification with Young Yoga Masters. In under 2 weeks you’ll earn your 95 Hour Children’s Yoga Teacher Certificate with a Yoga Alliance Registered Children’s Yoga School (RCYS). You’ll get the know-how, resources and experience you need teach yoga to children as soon as you graduate.
Summer Certification 2017 Courses:
10 Day Modified Fast Track, New Orleans, USA
Mon. June 19 – Thurs. June 29/17 (no class June 24)
12 Day Summer Certification, Burlington, ON, Canada
Sunday July 23 – Friday Aug. 4/17 (no class July 29),
Note: Please join the Newsletter for updates and early registration reminders for the 2017 Intensives and Summer Certification courses.
I Feel Beyond Blessed…
12 days, 6 different modules, 2 fabulous teachers, 100(ish) kids from 4 – 12 years old taught, 23 new beautiful friends and connections made, a few awkward moments (i.e. smiling baby), lots and lots of laughs, postures, games, meditations, songs, dances, learning and LOVE and you have your 95 Hour Children’s Yoga Teacher Training Certificate from Young Yoga Masters.
Thank you Aruna Kathy Humphrys and Janet Williams for one of the most rewarding and fulfilling experiences I could ever ask for. I feel beyond blessed to have trained with you for this intensive. Thank you as well, to all of my fellow classmates. Like I said on graduation day, each of you have given me a little nugget and I am walking away with a full pot of gold. Lots of love to you all!
Nicole Vetere, NewAgeTeacher.com
Grade 4 Teacher, Author of Meditations for Growing Minds
Graduate of the Kids Yoga Teacher, Summer Certification, Burlington 2016
Video from the Summer Certification New Orleans:
This Summer Certification is a wonderful and energizing training focused on completing the 95 Hour Certificate in under 2 weeks. It is a comprehensive course with theory and practical hands-on experience where you will learn how to:
- teach yoga, meditation, and mindfulness activities in a meaningful way that will make a difference in kids lives,
- mesmerize kids with effective props and games they love,
- reach children with special needs and special circumstances,
- create your own lesson plans using our easy to use templates,
- be a confident teacher because you will actually teach kids yoga during the course,
- find or start new classes as a business to bring yoga to the kids and families in your community.
You’ll be guided by experienced kids yoga teachers who are are committed to your success as a kids yoga teacher. You will also meet a vibrant community of students with a passion for yoga and teaching children. Together you will safely and effectively teach yoga to children.
Come join us! You’ll earn your 95 Hour Certificate and leave a Kids Yoga Teacher.
New Orleans -10 Day Fast Track
Monday June 19 – Thursday June 29, 2017 (no class Saturday June 24)
Hours: 8 am – 5:30 pm on most days. (schedule coming soon)
The 10 Day Summer Certification is a Fast Track of the Young Yoga Masters training, a Yoga Alliance Registered Children’s Yoga School. The Fast Track format means the modules are modified and combined, so participants must attend the full 10 Days of Training. The training days are approximately 9 hours long with one day off in the middle of the training. Those attending are encouraged to clear the rest of their schedules during the training so they can focus on getting their Certification and rest in the evenings off.
The New Orleans Fast Track is a Yoga Alliance registered program with includes 95 Hours of Training as follows
- 69 Contact Hours in person training with our 3 Trainers (Aruna, Charlotte and Libby) with extended Hours in:
- 18 Contact Hours Practicum kids yoga classes at Trinity Summer Program and Wild Lotus Yoga Studio observing your lead trainers teach and then teaching from lesson plans provided and the ones you create
- 8 Hours take home assignment (non-contact hours which can be completed before, during, or after the training)
OR completion of the 8 Hour Intro to Teaching Kids Yoga course with Charlotte in New Orleans in April 2017
To meet the Yoga Alliance standards, participants must attend the full 10 Day Fast Track program and upon completion of all requirements (above) will receive the 95 Hour Certificate from Young Yoga Masters RCYS.
This video is from the 2016 New Orleans 10 Day Intensive:
Registration for the New Orleans Fast Track Kids Yoga Teacher Certification
Registration for the New Orleans Fast Track is available for the entire 10 Day Certification only.
- Super Early Registration by April 15/17: US$1794* (our best price on the 95 Hour Certification)
A $500 non-refundable deposit will hold your place. Balance due June 1/17)
- Early Registration (April 16 – May 30): US$1998*
- Regular Registration (June 1 – Start of training on June 19): US$2100
- Some discounted housing opportunities in the community are available for $25.00 per night. Please email email@example.com with any specific questions.
* A $500 non-refundable deposit will hold your place. Balance due June 1/17. Training starts June 19/17.
Register at Wild Lotus Yoga New Orleans.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Burlington Ontario Summer Certification
Sunday July 23 – Friday Aug. 4/17, Burlington, ON, Canada
The 12 Day Summer Certification in Burlington lets you take any or all of the 6 Modules of training with our Yoga Alliance Registered Children’s Yoga School.
95 Hours of Training as follows:
- 6 x 16 Contact Hours in Each Module of training with Janet or Aruna
- Includes all the manuals and resources in each Certificate. Get an overview of all the modules here.
- Each Module Includes:
- 13 Contact Hours Training with Your Lead Trainer
- 3 Contact Practicum Hours of kids yoga classes at the YMCA kids camps (ages 4 – 12 years) observing your lead trainers teach and then teaching from lesson plans provided and the ones you create
Participants who complete all 6 Modules will receive their 95 Hour Certificate from Young Yoga Masters RCYS. Those taking individual Modules will receive a Certificate for each Module, which counts towards their 95 Hour Certificate.
You can create your own training schedule by taking some Modules in Toronto on the weekends and some Modules in Burlington during the Summer Certification.
Rates for Burlington, Ontario Certification:
Rates for Full Certification – All 6 Modules:
Super Early Bird Registration – ends April 15/17:
- Super-Early 6 Module Special: $1794 + tax* CAD
That’s only $299 per module! When you register super early for the full Certification in Burlington
a $500 + tax non-refundable deposit will hold your spot, be sure of the dates when you register. Balance due on June 30/17. Course begins in Burlington July 23/17.
- Super-Early Three Module Special: $999 + tax* CAD
Early Registration – ends June 30/17:
- Early Registration 6 Module Special: CAD $1998 + tax* ($333 per module)
- a $500 + tax non-refundable deposit will hold your spot, be sure of the dates when you register. Balance due on June 30/17. Course begins in Burlington July 23/17.
Regular Registration -Space Permitting up to the start of Training on July 23/17
- Register for all 6 Modules: CAD $2100 + tax* ($350 per module)
- Three Certificate Special: CAD$1050 + tax ($350 per Module)
- Two Certificates: CAD $730 + tax ($365 per Module)
- One Certificate: CAD $399 + tax if registered 2 weeks in advance, $425 + tax regular rate
*In Canada, taxes are extra (13% HST).
Prices Include all materials listed for each module – there is no extra manual or printing fee.
Price does not include accommodations.
Note: Please join the Newsletter for updates and early registration reminders for the 2017 Summer Certification courses.
How to Register
Register One of These Ways:
- INTERAC e-Transfer send to email@example.com.
- Pay By Cheque to “Young Yoga Masters” and mail to 248 West Ave. North, Hamilton, ON, Canada, L8L 5C9
- Paypal using credit card or paypal account here.
Custom payment plans can also be arranged by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arrange Your Accommodations and travel (if needed). Accommodation and travel costs are extra.
PAYPAL BUTTON HERE
Need more information? Call Aruna for a free consultation today: 1-416-944-2888.
Make the Summer of 2017 a Summer to Remember!
Bring Yoga to the Lives of Children
Here’s what is included in your registration for the Summer Certification:
- Your 95 Hour Certificate with a Yoga Alliance RCYS (Registered Children’s Yoga School): You’ll earn your 95 Hour Certificate in under 2 weeks, to show potential employers and to back you up when you apply for insurance.
- Practical Experience for Your Resume: The Summer Certification includes 18 hours of practicum experience teaching real kids at the kids yoga camps. You’ll know exactly what to say and do during a kids yoga class because you’ll have taught kids yoga during the training.
- Tons of Resources: You’ll receive hundreds of dollars of resources in books, posters, yoga cards, games, and really useful attention grabbers that make teaching children a lot easier. Your registration also includes the comprehensive Manuals and Yoga Alphabet and Yoga Man e-books to make printing activities easy.
- Fun and Inspiration: You’ll connect with kids and let kids connect with you! You’ll be around a group of like minded souls that will inspire and support you on your path of bringing yoga to kids. You’ll be guided by faculty with experience and expertise to navigate the ups and downs of being a teacher.
- Community: You’ll connect with a tribe of kids yoga teacher who bring their own experience and knowledge to the training and exclusive Young Yoga Masters Teacher Support Group on Facebook.
Is this training for you?
Who Can Attend?
Those who want to give kids the life-long rewards of healthy bodies and happy minds.
- Yoga Teachers*
- School Teachers
- E.C.E.’s (Early Childhood Educators)
- Specialty Kids Teachers
- Teaching Assistants
- Doctors, Therapists, Health Care Professionals and Specialists
- Parents, Grandparents
- Youth Leaders
- Those who work with kids
- And all those who love and care for kids
This Kids Yoga Training is for you!
This training is open to all, however it is recommended that you have a passion for yoga and care about children. This is a Teacher Training program which involves learning to teach yoga to children, this is not a yoga retreat. Come take a giant step towards deepening your yoga practice by becoming a kids yoga teacher.
* Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT’s) who successfully complete the 95 hour training with our Registered Children’s Yoga School (RCYS), may apply to Yoga Alliance for the Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher (RCYT) designation. After completing training with a RCYS, Yoga Alliance has additional requirements that must be met. See details here.
About Young Yoga Masters Kids Yoga Teacher Training
Testimonials from Participants:
“If I didn’t get the real experience of teaching kids in the Kids Camp, I wouldn’t have had the confidence to go out and position myself as a kids yoga teacher. The kids camp gave me experience to put on my resumes and proposals.
It taught me how to adapt and adjust my yoga classes teaching adults to teaching children including children with different needs. Observing the other teachers in the training taught me classroom management techniques and I shared my skills teaching yoga. It was a deeply rewarding training.”
You Shared Things that Worked and Things to Avoid
“I will use the techniques in my work with children. Aruna (Santokh) has personal insight into the responses of children and willingness to share things that worked and things that did not.”
– Dr. Leslie Cohen,
Thank you so much for a wonderful session!
“During the session my students were actively engaged and even chimed in as Janet read her book. They came back to the class wanting to try out some of the poses they learned, and according to parents the kids were trying the poses all weekend!
As a fellow ‘Yogini’ this session sparked my interest again, and showed me that it doesn’t matter who you are, or what age you are, Yoga has so many benefits that everyone can enjoy!”
– Erin Pearson
Kindergarten Teacher, Winchester Public School,
Durham District School Board
For more information contact Aruna@youngyogamasters.com
Young Yoga Masters
Kids Yoga Teacher Training – Summer Certification